Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"You turn around and life's passed you by"

Its passed me by again...30 years of my life have passed by, I can't remember every last one of them but know that I've missed a couple of chances due to fear. We all have fears and all deal with them in different ways. I have a lot of things I regret doing and a lot more I regret not doing but, the past is exactly what it is...the past, I'll take the memories and make the best of them chapter by chapter in this book I call my life.
Could've, should've, and would've have been beating the shit out of me for sometime now, I'm kinda over hanging out with them. "Killing it while blowing it", and "Always winning, while constantly losing" are two characterizations that portray this Captains journey pretty well thus far.
This song/video hit the nail on the head...


"it's a mournful cry about growing old and life passing by in a flash, but at the same time it’s also about embracing change and letting go of a youth that is no longer yours. Yup, treasure the memories with all your heart but don’t hold on to them too tightly or they'll consume you. Accept the inevitable and grow old graciously." I'm just tryin' to breath fam, sometimes it's easier than others...

No comments: